cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Laurent Mauron" <laurent.mau...@lavalamp.ch>
Subject Re: Python Script Generator
Date Sat, 03 Jan 2004 09:19:13 GMT
I wrote a short wiki entry a couple of weeks ago.

http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=PythonScriptGenerator

I would be glad to add a more detailed entry in the official doc.

Regards,

L.

----- Original Message -----
From: "Joerg Heinicke" <joerg.heinicke@gmx.de>
To: <users@cocoon.apache.org>
Sent: Friday, January 02, 2004 8:52 PM
Subject: Re: Python Script Generator

> Can you collect your knowledge with the PythonGenerator in a wiki page
> or in an official documentation that will committed to the CVS?
>
> Thanks,
>
> Joerg
>
> On 19.12.2003 12:38, Laurent Mauron wrote:
> > After looking at the ScriptGenerator.java source, I found the
solution...
> > Here is a sample..
> >
> > #get output string buffer
> > output      = bsf.lookupBean( "output" )
> >
> > #Get the Parameters object
> > parameters   = bsf.lookupBean("parameters")
> >

> > #get the value of the "param_1" parameter defined in the sitemap
> > print parameters.getParameter("param_1")
> >
> > #output a dummy message
> > output.append("<msg>Hello World</msg>")
> >

> > Laurent

statements are displayed in the console. Now, how do I interact with cocoon,
that is

> >   1) getting parameters from the sitemap in the script
> >   2) generating xml for cocoon
> >
> >   I have the feeling it has to do with the bsf object but again I
couldn't find any example of how it can be done. I know there was a sample
in the 2.0.4 version but it disappeared in 2.1. Where can I find it?

> >   Thanks,
> >
> >   Laurent

Somehow, there is no sample available in the distribution and after hours of
googling I still haven't found an example. Could someone points me to the
right direction?