cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sébastien Barathieu <sebastien.barath...@wanadoo.fr>
Subject Re: [entities] Problem
Date Thu, 08 Jan 2004 14:20:25 GMT
Be carrefull ultraedit can transform in entity automatically (if it's like
textpad) when you write your data. Use notepad for more security. Do the
test
Sebastien
----- Original Message -----
From: "Lionel Crine" <crine@4dconcept.fr>
To: <users@cocoon.apache.org>
Sent: Thursday, January 08, 2004 2:45 PM
Subject: [entities] Problem

Hi,

You're my last chance to find my problem.

I have an XML document which contains some XML entities (&quot, &gt, etc ).
According to the element the entities are, the document is well or badly
parsed. I'm not talking about entities into attributes but only into
elements.

All the elements wich may contain this entities are #PCDATA.

Here is the parser method :

DocumentBuilder db = null;
db = DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance().newDocumentBuilder();
myDocument = db.parse(stream);

If I write : <element>&quot;</element> (Ultraedit)
[Fatal Error] :1:644: Element type "module" must be followed by either
attribute specifications, ">" or "/>".

The crazy thing is that the document is well displayed in IE or mozilla AND
there are other &quot; in other elements of the document which don't crash
the parser.

If I write <element>&amp;quot;</element>(Ultraedit)

The parser is OK. But IE and mozilla displayed  <element>&quot;</element>.

By the way, this problem is only happening in a transformer. I don't know
if this is related.
This transformer gets the document from an XMLDB, convert it into a DOM and
is returned into the flow.

Please what's happening ?

Lionel

Lionel CRINE
Ingénieur Systèmes documentaires
Société : 4DConcept
22 rue Etienne de Jouy 78353 JOUY EN JOSAS
Tel : 01.34.58.70.70 Fax : 01.39.58.70.70