cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jan Hoskens" ...@schaubroeck.be>
Subject [xsp-session-fw][authentication] getting role
Date Wed, 21 Jan 2004 09:34:35 GMT
Hi,

I'm using the Authentication framework and was trying to retreive the 'role' of a user by
using the session. (just using the sitemap parameter {role} works fine)
In an XSP I used the following line:

String role = <xsp-session-fw:getxml  context="authentication"  path="/authentication/role"
as="string"/>;

I expected to get the full value of 'role', but got only a part of it. Apparently that line
does not get every text node from the role element, but just the first one.
(If I retreive it as a documentfragment, all is fine but I do want it as a string and don't
want to parse the node itself!)

Is this a bug?? If not, what is the meaning of the 'as="string"'??

Greetings,

Jan