cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Scherler, Thorsten" <thors...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Redistribution of a cocoon-blank.war by myself?
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2003 19:18:02 GMT
Hola Antonio (¿Eres de España?), hello Jean and all other.
1.) Gracias for the short Howto, Antonio.
2.) Wiki page about this topic:
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=CreateMinimalWebapp.
3) The cocoon-blank.war would lower the entry barriers I have to admit
but this is not the aim. The aim is to have a quick start!
At work I prefer to take the basis (cocoon, lenya, struts, ...) of my
webapp and put the stuff I need (new or additional components) into it.
Maybe there are people who are doing it the same way ;-). ...*cocoon
servlet* ...that's a *low entry barrier*. ;-) LOL
4) I use cocoon with different other components. At my new job I have to
develope a lot of webapps. For me it has to be quick and easy. If I
don't *NEED* to rebuild cocoon *ALL* the times, just once, I go for
once! Using a cocoon-blank.war is fast and easy! Like the
struts-blank.war just extract the war but it in your IDE an work with
it! *FAST&EASY*
5) Like Jean stated even a *EASY* cocoon rebuild can fail. I don't
*NEED* that!
my 2cents.

*BUT* nobody said something about the cocoon-blank.war *LEGAL* aspect.
...My question is can I create one and put it on my
web-page for other users? ...or will I have legal problems? I will NOT
sell it, I just want to offer it to other user!
</thorsten>