cocoon-users mailing list archives

From James Cummings <James.Cummi...@computing-services.oxford.ac.uk>
Subject Re: users Digest 17 Dec 2003 21:47:17 -0000 Issue 2422
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 09:56:12 GMT
> James,
>
> I would suggest using the cinclude transformer after your XSLT. Simply have your XSLT
insert the
> ci:include elements for the documents you wish to include, and then add <map:transform
> type="cinclude"/> after your transformer.  XSLT has the document() function, but that's
not recommended.

> > -James
>
> Regards,
>
> Tony

Tony,

Thanks for the suggestion and I'll check it out.  What I've ended up
doing temporarily is:

<xsl:copy-of select="document('../../html/header.xml')"/>

Why isn't this recommended?  It seems to fail absolutely fine with
no side effects if header.xml doesn't exist or is not well-formed.
(i.e. it just isn't included). Is there something bad about it
I'm not seeing?

I'm assuming using <ci:include> I'll have to do something like:

<ci:include xmlns:ci="http://apache.org/cocoon/include/1.0"
src="../../html/header.xml"/>
(or maybe context://header.xml)
And include <map:transform type="cinclude"/> before or after the
initial transformation.

-James
---
Dr James Cummings, Oxford Text Archive, James.Cummings@ota.ahds.ac.uk