cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jeff Sexton <jsex...@odshp.com>
Subject Re: How to allow cacheing?
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2003 17:04:04 GMT

On Fri, 12 Dec 2003, Jorg Heymans wrote:
> wiki entry http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=DownloadFilesToLocalDisk
> has something about this pragma, maybe you can rip out a working
> solution that suits your need (seems to require 2.1x though).

In searching around I found many, many write-ups on making sure pages are
*not* cached, by adding "Pragma: no-cache" in various ways.  The
interesting thing is that my setup seems to always send a "Pragma:
No-cache" in its responses even though I have done nothing to add that
myself.

I did find something that works though.  I added:

  <xsp:logic>
    response.setHeader( "Cache-Control", "max-age=3600" );
    response.setHeader( "Pragma", "cache" );
  </xsp:logic>

To the specific xsp file in question.  Now I know that "Pragma: cache"
is an invalid header item, but it does in fact get into my response header
and it *replaces* the "Pragma: No-cache"!

I'm sure "Pragma: cache" is almost certainly ignored, but at lease
"Pragma: no-cache" isn't there.  The overall affect is that the page does
in fact get cached on the particular browser the user wants to use.

Success!  For now...