cocoon-users mailing list archives

From gou...@osmosis.gr
Subject Re: calling pipeline from parent sitemap
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2003 11:28:41 GMT

On Tue, 9 Dec 2003, Antonio Gallardo wrote:

> gounis@osmosis.gr dijo:
> > BTW i'm the only one i need this ?
>  Good question. Can you explain in more detail, why you need this?

sure, why not

i design a small application
my application will have a main-sitemap with pipelines for common purposes
and will automount all subsitemap

each sub-sitemap i want to be able to use as src in generators some
"common" pipelines from main-sitemap

until now everithing is OK, i can use cocoon://

my main-sitemap i want to be able to placed anywhere (automounted maybe)
in a cocoon instalation

so i was thinking instead to reach a resource in my main-sitemap starting
from cocoon context

(think about cocoon samples, this application  will be either in
/samples or /samples/scratchpad or everywhere else)

to reach this resource going backward

[main-sitemap]
<map:pipeline>
	<map:match patern="common-content"/>
	..
	<map:serialize/>
</map:pipeline>

.. mount */** ..

[application sub-sitemap ]
..
<map:generate src="cocoon:../common-content"/>
..

this is what i'm thinking about

why not ? :-)

--stavros