cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Markus Heussen" <heus...@rheinland-online.com>
Subject AW: [Woody] Binding problem for missing elements in source file
Date Thu, 18 Dec 2003 11:02:58 GMT
-----Ursprungliche Nachricht-----
Von: Upayavira
Gesendet: Mittwoch, 17. Dezember 2003 16:49
An: users@cocoon.apache.org
Betreff: Re: [Woody] Binding problem for missing elements in source file

Markus Heussen wrote:

>>Hi all.
>>
>>I'm new to the Woody framework but till now it works fine for me. But I
have
>>one problem I don't know how to solve at best :-(
>>
>>I get the following exception when I submit the form:
>>

>>org.apache.cocoon.woody.binding.BindingException: Problem binding field
>>vn_titel (parent = "") to xpath v:Titel (context xpath =
>>"/soap-env:Envelope[1]/soap-env:Body[1]/v:Versicherung[1]/v:Partner[1]/v:P
er
>>son[1]")
>>
>>org.apache.commons.jxpath.JXPathException: No value for xpath: v:Titel
>>

>>The field is defined in the form definition file and a binding is also
>>defined in the woody binding file. But in one case there is no
corresponding
>>XML tag in my source file. In other case there is one. I have to create
the
>>element if it is missing. So how can I manage this situation at best?
>>
>>Who can point me to the right direction?
>>

>Not sure if I'm right here, but I think you need 'lenient' jxpath within
>binding - this means that, if jxpath doesn't find a node, it ignores it,
>rather than causing an exception.

But this is not exactly what I have to do. If there is no node in the source
file I have to create this node before the binding saves it back to the
source. How can I manage this at best? I have no experience in using the
woody framework. When I set @readonly to true within the binding I get no
exceptions because there is no saving process. But in fact I have to save
it. I tried something around <wb:insert-node/> but it didn't work :-(
<wb:delete-node/> does what I expected.

Anyone there who can give me a hint? I really need this feature.

Markus