cocoon-users mailing list archives

From H.vanderLin...@MI.unimaas.nl
Subject RE: rewriteURL of flow?
Date Sun, 28 Dec 2003 22:50:54 GMT
Hi,

> Do you understand the difference between cocoon.sendPage() and
> cocoon.sendPageAndWait()? If you only need sendPage, you don't need

Hmm. I think understand the difference, but cannot really produce examples
to support it. So maybe I don't understand it.
I'm basically using forms (preferably with Woody widgets) to get input from
the user that I have to transfer to my database. Do I need "sendPageAndWait"
if I need to do field validations?

> Note, global flow variables are held in the session, so state
> can easily be kept there.

I think I'm beginning to understand this.

> You have a choice. Either in the URL, or as a hidden form element.

Ok, clear, but, just to verify my understanding, would the form look
something like this:

<form action="someURLwithAction" method="POST">
<input type="hidden" name="#{$continuation/id}"/>
<input [other fields]/>
</form>

Thanks and bye, Helma