cocoon-users mailing list archives

From H.vanderLin...@MI.unimaas.nl
Subject RE: rewriteURL of flow?
Date Sun, 28 Dec 2003 21:40:42 GMT
Hi,

> Can't see a reply to this one, so...

Thanks for taking the trouble.

> The URL you are seeing is the continuation ID. This is needed, and
> somehow needs to get back from the sitemap to the entry that is
> something like <map:call continuation-id="xxxx"/>. You can
> either pass
> it as a part of the URL, as a request parameter in the URL,
> or as a form
> parameter. But, if you want to use continuations, the continuation ID
> has to get through somehow.

Right. This I understand, but I don't really understand enough of it to:
A) figure out if I really need continuations (flow is the way to go I'm
told, and as much as I can figure out continuations are an essential part of
flow)
B) how to pass it as something other than simply having it show up in the
address bar of the browser. If I need to troubleshoot my webapp, these kind
of URLs are useless.

On the other hand, if I can figure out how to properly log who accessed
which "physical" page, I may not have to bother with these URLs.

Bye, Helma