cocoon-users mailing list archives

From H.vanderLin...@MI.unimaas.nl
Subject JavaBean rewrite as XSP? Help requested
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2003 23:28:15 GMT
Hi,

I'm in the middle of a rewrite of my web application (JSP/JavaBeans/XML/XSL)
to Cocoon. The "database" part of my application consists of CORBA-based
servers. Currently I connect to the servers through specific beans.
I was wondering if I could rewrite these beans as XSP.

Some questions I couldn't find the answers to in the docs:

- the bean imports non-cocoon classes that live in specific jars. Where
should I put these jars so they can be referenced?
- the bean initializes using a file.properties file. Can I do something
similar in XSP? If so, where should I put the properties file?
- the bean logs information using Log4J, how do I handle that in XSP?
- how do I handle static variables?

Alternative: I have a JSP that uses this bean. Would it be easier to convert
the JSP to XSP?

Thanks.

Bye, Helma