cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: cocoon project deploy
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 14:55:56 GMT
Le Mercredi, 3 déc 2003, à 14:51 Europe/Zurich, gounis@osmosis.gr a
écrit :

> ...from you experience is any way to automate all this procedure or to
> create
> an "Install Shield" that will
>
> run from a CD
> -install JAVA
> -set paths and variables
> -install cocoon (on jetty maybe)
> -create a shortcut :-)

Actually the JDK does not need to be "installed", copying the directory
of a previous JDK installation works (but I don't know if it is ok
re.licensing).

What I've been doing to move test installations between computers is a
"standalone-demo" build, then you can prepare something like:

/cocoon-install
   start-cocoon.cmd
   /jdk1.3.1 (copied from an installed JDK)
   /cocoon
     /system (copied from build/standalone-demo)
     /webapp (copied from build/webapp)

Where start-cocoon.cmd contains:

@echo off
echo preparing to start Cocoon....

for %%i in (start-cocoon.cmd) do set WORK_DIR=%%~di%%~pi
echo WORK_DIR=%WORK_DIR%
set JAVA_HOME=%WORK_DIR%/jdk1.3.1
echo JAVA_HOME=%JAVA_HOME%

echo Now you should see "java version "1.3.1_07" followed by two more
lines
%JAVA_HOME%\bin\java.exe -version
pause

echo Starting Cocoon...
cd cocoon\system
.\cocoon.bat servlet
pause

It is not a complete packaged install but that's a good start.

-Bertrand