cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: coping with XSLT
Date Tue, 02 Dec 2003 14:12:51 GMT
Le Mardi, 2 déc 2003, à 15:03 Europe/Zurich, Timothy Larson a écrit :

> --- Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacretaz@apache.org> wrote:
>> I've been (wild-)thinking about combining Tim Larson's
>> EffectTransformer (http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=TimLarson)
>> with interpreted code to make it easier to write scriptable transforms
>> but it's just a wild dream at this point.
>
> Intriguing idea.  Let me know if you make any progress on this (ideas
> or
> code).  I have no time to experiment with it right now, but this looks
> like an interesting direction.  Eventually the EffectTransformer will
> be
> used for other structured data besides XML, and this scripting idea may
> be just the ticket.

The basic idea (again, not tested at all) would be to have your
EffectTransformer call pieces of scriptable code, instead of inner
classes (IIRC) to handle the various elements. This should be doable
using the BSF (Bean Scripting Framework) which is present in the bsf
block.

I also have no time to look at this now, but it might be worth trying.

-Bertrand