cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Andrew Savory <and...@luminas.co.uk>
Subject Re: Looking for Cocoon professional developers in Sweden...
Date Tue, 23 Dec 2003 09:30:10 GMT
Hi,

On 22 Dec 2003, at 23:13, Gould, Troy (ELS) wrote:

> Part of the problem with supporting a commercial fyi on Cocoon would
> be that
> some companies do not want their employees divulging certain technology
> related and project related information.  There is the worry that
> competitors could use this information for strategic advantages.

Very true. I can tell you that Cocoon is used in more places than you
might think, for example telecoms, banking, media, education,
automotive industries (think of big names in most of those sectors and
you're probably right). Unfortunately, many large companies are shy
about acknowledging that they are even using open source, let alone
being specific about which packages they use.

As for where to discuss it - here on the users list is a good place,
and someday I hope to see a substantial wiki page with details. We just
need Cocoon to become the defacto webapp solution first, so people are
rushing to talk about it ;-)

Andrew.

Tel: +44 (0)870 741 6658  Fax: +44 (0)700 598 1135
Web: http://www.luminas.co.uk/
Orixo alliance: http://www.orixo.com/