cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Mayrhuber <christian.mayrhu...@gmx.net>
Subject Source.refresh() - what may be cached?
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2003 09:56:52 GMT
I'm trying to speed up my custom Source and would like
to know what information may be cached.

The API documentation says the following:
Refresh the content of this object after the underlying data content has
changed.  Some implementations may cache some values to speedup
sucessive calls. Refreshing ensures you get the latest information.

What of the following methods may return cached information?
getContentLength()
getLastModified()
getMimeType()
getValidity()
getChild()
getChildren()
getParent()

If my custom source should behave like the JUnit testcases of FileSource
want, only getLastModified() and getValidity() may return cached
information.

Thanks, in advance.
--
lg, Chris