cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Marcin Okraszewski <okrasz_n...@o2.pl>
Subject Re: How to obtain db connection from pool ?
Date Tue, 16 Dec 2003 08:36:09 GMT
> solution, I've adopted it from the code of database action, and it
> looks almost the same (but written in javascript instead of java).
> Because Cocoon is Avalon based I dont think there's other (non-Avalon)
> possibility to achieve what you asked. Flowscript gives you access to
> some Cocoon Avalon Components, which you can make use of mixing with
> your own java components (not necesserily Avalon Components). I did so
> and it works.

In fact I use the flowscript. But, isn't it possible to obtain the
"cocoon context" without passing it from flowscript? I mean does any
class can obtain context by for example new org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon() -
I'll have to try it. Previously I tried with new
org.apache.cocoon.components.CocoonComponentManager() but it returned me
a null connection. Unfortunately I'm not into Avalon :-(

> BTW It's very funny to write in English to Polish folk ;-)

Yes, I've also noticed it. It happens to me for a second or a third time
at this group :-) But (un)fortunately English is /official/ language of
computers.

Regards,
Marcin Okraszewski