cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Form validation problem
Date Mon, 15 Dec 2003 09:06:26 GMT
Joe D. Williams wrote:
> Working on the examples in Chapter 12 of Lajos and Jeremy's book, I cannot
> get the new ticket form to return the results. It just keeps displaying the
> blank form,
> without updating the database.
>
> I am running Cocoon 2.0.4 on Tomcat 4.1.27 standalone with J2SDK1.4.1 and
> MySQL 4.0.16
>
> The idea is to use the "org.apache.cocoon.acting.DatabaseAddAction" to put
> the info from a set of forms into a db.
>
> The info must first be validated using
> "org.apache.cocoon.acting.FormValidatorAction". Looking at the sitemap log
> for the logger "sitemap.action.validator" I find a number of messages where
> it is validating the info from the forms.
>
> After this, there is a message: "All form params validated. An error
> occurred."

There will be a message in the sitemap.log indicating the validation
error. In addition, the info is available as request attribute (so dump
all request attributes on your page and you'll see).

Besides, you should consider to move to cocoon forms aka Woody or at
least use the database actions from the modular package. Their interface
is a lot more consistent and have more docs.

	Chris.