cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Christian Haul <h...@informatik.tu-darmstadt.de>
Subject Re: Authentication context and modular database action.
Date Fri, 12 Dec 2003 08:30:57 GMT
Simon Hutchinson wrote:
> Hi,
>
> I am using a ModularDatabaseAction to insert a row into a database.
> Everything is working fine as most of the field values are available
> as request parameters.However I also need to store a value that is
> stored in the authentication context.
> I am sure that writing my own InputModule for this is overkill as the
> information is available already.
>
> Either of the following types of solution would be cool if anyone could
> point me in the right direction.(of course I am completely open to a
> better solution :))
>
> 1). Is it possible to access the authentication context using the
> session-context InputModule in the database descriptor ?
>
> ie
>
> <value name="fieldname"  type="int">
>     <mode name="session-context">
> <parameter>authentication/authentication/ID</parameter>
>          </mode>
> </value>

you need to tell the action when to use this mode with the type
attribute. For example, you might want to use it only on updates from a
specific form. This corrolates to the others-mode attribute for tables
in tablesets.

Since you most likely will use this mode for every operation, you need
to add type="all" to the mode:

  <mode name="session-context" type="all">
   <parameter>authentication/authentication/ID</parameter>
  </mode>

> 2). Is it possible to pass values as parameters to the action directly
> from sitemap.

No, because input modules don't have access to parameters passed to the
action.

	Chris.