cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: cocoon-blank.war
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2003 13:31:31 GMT
Derek Hohls wrote:

> Thorsten
>
> There has already been extensive discussion on this topic;
> well, make that over-extensive discussion...  browse the
> mail archives and see for yourself all the pros and cons
> of the debate.
>
> Bottom line is:
> * there is no simple way to do this
> * it may still happen in Cocoon 2.2 (or at least be easy
> for you to do yourself)

Actually, It's quite easy to do now with 2.1 - just copy
blocks.properties to local.blocks.properties and exclude everything you
don't want.

My personal theory here is that everyone has the _illusion_ that they
all have common basic needs.  As an intellectual exercise, try to come
to an agreement here on what blocks should be excluded/included by
default.

I've never used FOP, so you'd have my -1 on that for starters! :P

Geoff