cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Patrick Hess <p...@pbone.biz>
Subject Re: SVG problem after move to production server
Date Mon, 08 Dec 2003 10:40:21 GMT
Jorg Heymans wrote:

> Is there any reason why you're including the font like this? Can't you
> just keep them as plain ttf's and put them in $JAVA_HOME/jre/lib/fonts?
> I'm assuming these svg/arial.svg are ttf fonts that you converted with
> batik, i've never seen this notation.

The described way turned out to be "more reliable" to me. As far as I
understood from the specs this is also a valid way to include the fonts.
I could keep the plain TTF files but I don't want to if possible :) Yes,
I converted the TTF->SVG using the util in batik.

> Are you sure that on windows you're getting the font from your
> svg/arial.svg file and not from your windows font directory?

Very good point, need to check this! As far as I remember I checked this
when playing with the fonts on windows (removed font to see batik
falling back to another font) but as I'm not sure anymore I will check!

Patrick