cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: Parsing Source into DOM in Flow
Date Sun, 07 Dec 2003 12:00:21 GMT
Upayavira wrote:
> Maybe my last question was too specific.
>
> I'm trying to parse the contents of a source into a DOM in Flowscript,
> but am getting all sorts of errors. Can anyone provide a better way than
> this (which doesn't work)?
>
> var resolver =
> cocoon.getComponent(Packages.org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceResolver.ROLE);
>
> var source = resolver.resolveURI("blah.xml");
> var builder =
> Packages.javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance().newDocumentBuilder();

I think I have observed that you cannot use the returned result of a
java method call ( newInstance() ) as a java object in flow (
.newDocumentBuilder() ).

The workaround I have found is to separate the calls:

var builderFactory =
Packages.javax.xml.parsers.DocumentBuilderFactory.newInstance();

var builder = builderFactory.newDocumentBuilder();

I don't know if this is a bug or not, don't know if it's only when
calling with Packages or not.  I also have not carefully confirmed this.

Finally, don't we have a convenience component to do this?

Geoff