cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joakim Verona <joa...@verona.se>
Subject instability of cocoon image reader?
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 16:12:59 GMT
Hello list,

I'm writing a simple photo browser with the cocoon image reader and
image directory generator.

It seems the image reader is unstable when generating thumbnails.
Random images get broken, that is, the image reader doesnt generate the
thumbnails properly.

I guess the problem is that a lot of thumbnails are requested at the
same time from the server, since the thumbnail table is generated first,
and the thumbnails img tags request from the server all at once.

Is there any way around this?

I would think that the proper way for cocoon to handle this is to block
new thumbail request over a certain maximum if it cant handle it, rather
than just generating nothing at all.

(incidentally I wrote a jsp version of an image browser some time ago,
and it had the same problem when generating thumbnails)

Regards,
/Joakim