cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: Saxon and NullPointerException
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 13:42:47 GMT
On 02.12.2003 11:24, Carmona Perez, David wrote:

> It occurs with a standard new seeded project, with no modifications apart from copying
Saxon.jar in WEB-INF/lib
> By the way, this behaviour only happens with Forrest 0.6.5, but not with Cocoon 2.1.2
or 2.1.3.  It must be some Cocoon.xconf issue in Forrest distribution.

This makes it really weird. Can you compare the parts related to Saxon?

> The following entry is commented out:
>
>   <!--+
>       | Saxon XSLT Processor
>       | For old (6.5.2) Saxon use:
>       |  <parameter name="transformer-factory" value="com.icl.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl"/>
>       | For new (7.x?) Saxon use:
>       |  <parameter name="transformer-factory" value="net.sf.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl"/>
>   <component logger="core.xslt-processor"
>              role="org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessor/saxon"
>              class="org.apache.excalibur.xml.xslt.XSLTProcessorImpl">
>      <parameter name="use-store" value="false"/>
>      <parameter name="transformer-factory" value="com.icl.saxon.TransformerFactoryImpl"/>
>   </component>
>   +-->

I know that you have to include the above code (i.e. without comments)
and add an entry in the sitemap matching the role. AFAIK Vadim always
uses Saxon with Cocoon.

Joerg