cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@digitalinsight.com>
Subject RE: Newbie: Nested <map:act> in sitemap for DatabaseAuthenticator Action and DatabaseSelectAction?
Date Mon, 22 Dec 2003 04:42:09 GMT
 You can retrieve whatever you want during authentication and store it in
the authentication session-context.  We are using that to store the user's
initial page.  When login is successful the authentication framework causes
that page to be the next one displayed.

-----Original Message-----
From: Joe D. Williams
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Sent: 12/21/2003 4:31 PM
Subject: Newbie: Nested <map:act> in sitemap for DatabaseAuthenticatorAction
and DatabaseSelectAction?

Thanks to Christian Haul for answering my previous post. Still can't get
the
parameter I want passed to the session.

I want to authenticate users by a username and password, using
DatabaseAuthenticatorAction and then pull information from the same
database
table that contains the authentication information. For example, a
custom
greeting or whatever, using values provided from the db, and not from
user
input.

Put another way, for the username and password provided by the user
through
a login form, can I select a third value from the database, perhaps
through
a nested <map:act> block for the DatabaseSelectAction within the
<map:act>
block for the DatabaseAuthenticatorAction?