cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Ralph Goers <Ralph.Go...@digitalinsight.com>
Subject RE: Authentication and Autorization
Date Tue, 09 Dec 2003 15:51:08 GMT
You should investigate the authentication framework block before you go too
far down the road.  It provides much of the functionality you are looking
for.  We have just completed integrating Cocoon's authorization framework
with JAAS and had to write to components to do it. The first component is
authentication generator to perform the authentication and return the
required XML to the framework, along with the data to be associated with the
user. The generator creates an object which actually performs the
authentication. This object is saved in the session for later use.

The second component is a PermissionSelector which is very similar to the
ExceptionSelector. When configuring the selector you define the permissions
that can be checked and then the selector actually checks to see if the end
user has the requested permission. The selector uses the object saved in the
session by the generator to do the permission check.

Ralph