cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jan Wielgus <lis...@o2.pl>
Subject DirectoryGenerator problem (was: Re: Listing files from a directory)
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 17:42:46 GMT
>You wouldn't want an Action to do that - but a Generator, and there
are
>several included by default.  Look in the user docs under Generators -
>you'll find at least DirectoryGenerator and ImageDirectoryGenerator
>there.  I think there are others with more sophisticated options which
>may be not as well documented.

Thank you for the tip. I use now the ImageDirectoryGenerator but I
have one problem with it. If I add a file to a directory given as a
parameter and then refresh the site, the xml generated doesn't show
the new file. But whenever I delete anything from this directory,
the changes are showed at once. When I copy new files to the
directory, the changes are showed only after I have restarted the
servlet engine (in my case Jetty, I am using Coccon 2.1.2). What can
cause this strange behaviour? I have tried to set the
"refreshDelay"-parameters for some different values, but the xml
generated by the ImageDirectoryGenerator never changes until I
restart the servlet engine...

Jan