cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Paul Bowler" <paulbow...@www.aventix.co.uk>
Subject Caching remote URL's
Date Wed, 03 Dec 2003 11:05:21 GMT
Our sitemap has a number of pipelines that get content from remote XML resources (news feeds
etc) and, even with
avalon caching enabled, the remote connection is opened every time. From the limited documentation
on this I think
only local files are ever cached by using the timestamp, but URL's are not.

I have cached the whole pipeline so that the final HTML is cached but this can be overridden
by clicking the browser
refresh button. This is not enough for us as each remote connection slows the response times
significantly for the
user.

I need a way to ALWAYS cache content from a remote URL for a specified period of time. Has
anyone any idea how I can
do this?

Paul.

--