cocoon-users mailing list archives

From David Duckworth <duck_da...@yahoo.com>
Subject Is cocoon right?
Date Mon, 01 Dec 2003 21:59:51 GMT
Hello,

I've been reviewing avalon related technologies to
determine if it is right for my application.  There
seems to be many components and containers ready and
waiting for the avalon framework, however, I have no
guidance as to which one I should choose.  What I like
is the knowledge that has been put into the Avalon
framework and want to take advantage of its services.
What I need to do is have a component container which
integrates well with an http server and servlet
engine.  My components should be able to unplug and
plug back into another avalon container, whether it is
Fortress or Cocoon (not sure if both are actually
defined as containers).  Can I build a component and
make it available in cocoon as well as any other
container which is avalon compliant?

The application I am considering Avalon for is a 3rd
generation telecommunications CMS and delivery
platform.

Regards,

David Duckworth