cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Rui Alberto L." Gonçalves <rui-l-goncal...@ptinovacao.pt>
Subject Re: poolable interface / performance
Date Thu, 11 Dec 2003 19:48:37 GMT
On Thu, 2003-12-11 at 15:32, Jorg Heymans wrote:
> Say i define a custom transform like this
>
>      <map:transformer name="mytransformer"
>      	src="mytransformer"
> 		pool-max="200"
> 		pool-min="20"
> 		pool-grow="10"/>
>
> In order for these pool settings to take effect, do I need to implement
> the poolable marker interface then or does this happen by default?
If you want that the component manager to treat your component
as a poolable one, it must be marked as poolable and the component
manager will do all the work for you!
Since your transformer is probably an extension to AbstractTransformer
 wich is already marked as poolable, you don't have to do anything.

> Can anyone comment on the performance of using pooled components vs
> non-pooled?
>

> Jorg

Rui Alberto L. Gonçalves <rui-l-goncalves@ptinovacao.pt>
PT Inovação