cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Laurent Mauron" <laurent.mau...@lavalamp.ch>
Subject Re: Python Script Generator
Date Fri, 19 Dec 2003 11:38:01 GMT
After looking at the ScriptGenerator.java source, I found the solution...
Here is a sample..

#get output string buffer
output      = bsf.lookupBean( "output" )

#Get the Parameters object
parameters   = bsf.lookupBean("parameters")

#get the value of the "param_1" parameter defined in the sitemap
print parameters.getParameter("param_1")

#output a dummy message
output.append("<msg>Hello World</msg>")

Laurent

  ----- Original Message -----
  From: Laurent Mauron
  To: users@cocoon.apache.org
  Sent: Friday, December 19, 2003 10:15 AM
  Subject: Re: Python Script Generator

  Well, I-ve made some progress.
  After copying the jython.jar in the web-inf directory and adding this pipeline

   <map:match pattern="test.py">
    <map:generate src="test.py" type="script"/>
    <map:serialize type="xml"/>
   </map:match>

  I'm able to execute the test.py python script inside cocoon. Print statements are displayed
in the console. Now, how do I interact with cocoon, that is

  1) getting parameters from the sitemap in the script
  2) generating xml for cocoon

  I have the feeling it has to do with the bsf object but again I couldn't find any example
of how it can be done. I know there was a sample in the 2.0.4 version but it disappeared in
2.1. Where can I find it?

  Thanks,

  Laurent