cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Chris Morgan" <ch...@atomicdog.com>
Subject RE: Content Updating
Date Fri, 05 Dec 2003 17:33:37 GMT
I've run into this as well.  We looked at a couple of different options:

1. server side decoders that basically replace your &lt; or other unicode
with their appropriate symbols before committing to storage.  This is a good
solution for very simple markup with little variation.

2. Change client to applets, ActiveX or Flash.  We chose to build a flash
component based on the following
http://www.flashcomponents.net/component.cfm?nav=2&id=131.  Macromedia has a
pretty decent API for sending and receiving XML.        Performance isn't
great though.  We use it as a dumb-client and do all XML processing on the
server.

Hope this helps,

Chris

-----Original Message-----
From: Brent L Johnson [mailto:brent@bjohnson.net]
Sent: Friday, December 05, 2003 11:08 AM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Content Updating

Im creating a basic content management system to allow users
to change the content in some of the XML documents.

I'm reading the content and putting it into a textarea and
doing a form post.  To print a preview of the page I have
an XSP file that uses xsp-request to use the data that was
posted instead of the static content in the XML document.

But after being posted the data is being encoded so it comes
out as:

&lt;img&gt;

How can I use the posted data as XML without being encoded?

Thanks,

- Brent