cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Derek Hohls" <DHo...@csir.co.za>
Subject Re: Cocoon activity
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 14:17:14 GMT
Hmm

Comparing ourselves with JSP was
not exactly my point - I am just not sure
of the validity of the graph if you are
mixing and (not) matching two different
types of data - at least add a footnote and
explain the change from a single site to
a mirrored one.. or do not show old data...
or something.

Was that really FUD??  Maybe I am now
eligible for a career with you-know-who ;-)

>>> stevenn@outerthought.org 2003/11/14 04:10:36 PM >>>
Derek Hohls wrote:

> Given this change on mirrors, the person maintaing:
> http://www.apache.org/~vgritsenko/stats/projects/cocoon.html
> needs either to delete the graph on downloads
> (as it is misleading by nature of omitting relevant data),
> or upgrade the mechanism whereby it is created so as to
> properly reflect  all mirror site data - I don't believe that
> the graph as it stands is "somewhat indicative" of activity.
>
> There is enough FUD out there already ;-)

So please don't start adding onto it. ;-)

I think the figures show that we are good ASF citizens, and that we use

the mirrors as suggested. Page views are increasing, which is good. As

far as popularity contests is concerned, we might never get to the
level
of JSP/Struts, but quite frankly, Cocoon and JSP/Struts are simply in a

different ballpark.

</Steven>
stevenn at outerthought.org                stevenn at apache.org

believed to be clean.