cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Sylvain Wallez <sylv...@apache.org>
Subject Re: Xalan &#13; Problem
Date Wed, 12 Nov 2003 22:24:18 GMT
JD Daniels wrote:

>I found the thread:
>
>http://www.mail-archive.com/dev@cocoon.apache.org/msg03337.html
>
>I think it is a bigger problem with xalan.... But I am clueless :)
>
>JD

A colleague of mine encountered this already. IIRC, the Xalan
serializers uses the line endings of the server platform, i.e. CR/LF on
windows. This is not a problem for normal text, but when filling a
textarea the CR/LF are sent back to the server, and the parser considers
only LF as the line ending, and so inserts a &#13;

After a few rountrips on the form, you end up with lots of &#13;&#13;

IIRC, this is something along these lines.

Now, I don't know the solution, except filtering those &#13; when
reading the request parameter.

Hope this helps,
Sylvain