cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Jon Bedworth" <jonbedwo...@hotmail.com>
Subject What could cause a UTFDataFormatException when processing pipeline
Date Sat, 01 Nov 2003 20:52:39 GMT
Hello all

Please can anyone suggest why the following coudl be happening:

When I attempt an XSL transformation on some XML I get the following error:

org.apache.cocoon.ProcessingException: Failed to execute pipeline.:
java.io.UTFDataFormatException: Invalid byte 1 of 1-byte UTF-8 sequence.

I am presuming this has something to do with illegal characters contained
within the XML, but the transformation works when tested outside Cocoon so
what kinds of things could be causing Cocoon to throw this error?

I am running Cocoon 2.1, JDK 1.4.2, Tomcat 4.1 on Windows 2K.

Has anyone else had this error or similar, when doing simple XSL
transformations via Cocoon?

Thankyou

Jon