cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Jonas.Kil...@o2.com
Subject Precompilation of XSP-files via CLI - flag precompile-only broken
Date Wed, 26 Nov 2003 15:57:17 GMT
Hi all,

has anybody managed to precompile XSP-files during the ANT build-process?
I'm able to execute a pipeline using cocoon 2.1.1 command line interface:
If I set precompile-only="false" in my custom cli.xconf, cocoon then
generates *_xsp.java and *_xsp.class files into its work directory. Fine,
but my pipeline is also executed, which I DO NOT want!

If I specify precompile-only="true", no xsp file gets precompiled, instead
cocoon produces the following error:

java.lang.NullPointerException
    at
org.apache.cocoon.environment.AbstractEnvironment.initComponents(AbstractEnvironment.java:532)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.environment.AbstractEnvironment.resolveURI(AbstractEnvironment.java:511)
    at
org.apache.cocoon.environment.AbstractEnvironment.resolveURI(AbstractEnvironment.java:500)
    at org.apache.cocoon.Cocoon.precompile(Cocoon.java:735)
    at org.apache.cocoon.bean.CocoonBean.processXSP(CocoonBean.java:930)
    at org.apache.cocoon.bean.CocoonBean.process(CocoonBean.java:636)
    at org.apache.cocoon.Main.main(Main.java:375)

This happens, because no CocoonComponentManager is instantiated, the call

this.manager = CocoonComponentManager.getSitemapComponentManager();

in line 531 obviously returns null, which leads to the above NPE when
looking up the component org.apache.excalibur.source.SourceResolver.

Seems like a bug to me, can anyone provide further details?

Thanks a lot,
Jonas

This electronic message contains information from the mmo2 plc Group which
may be
privileged or confidential. The information is intended to be for the use
of the
individual(s) or entity named above. If you are not the intended recipient
be aware
that any disclosure, copying, distribution or use of the contents of this
information
is prohibited. If you have received this electronic message in error,
please notify
us by telephone or email (to the numbers or address above) immediately.