cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Danny Bols" <db...@osirion.be>
Subject RE: Woody Transformer: absolute addressing of widgets
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 18:38:25 GMT

It is very helpfull in the case you want to use a multiple templates based
on the same form instance. For testing purposes we made a little change to
the getWidget method in the woody transformer (see attachement). It allows
us to make a template which zooms in on one particular row of a repeater
based on the same form instance.

> > Usecase: in a "repeater'-mode the order lines of a sales order
> only contain
> > the basic fields which can be edited. Hitting a "detail"-button
> on an order
> > line will open up all the fields of that order line (in a new
> page) which
> > can be edited.
>
> Woody doesn't really support that kind of thing right now. One form
> corresponds to one submitted request. As it is now, for your detail form
> you should create a different form.
In my case I was using mutliple templates based on only one form instance.
Flow script is perfect for navigating between the different templates
without the need of creating new forms.

What do you think?

--
Danny