cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "JD Daniels" ...@datatrio.com>
Subject RE: Woody assertion help
Date Fri, 14 Nov 2003 19:37:11 GMT
Opps yes I meant definition....

Yes I am using flow + XSP

I am not too clear on how "take over" a bit of validation in the flow.. I
have been depending on woody definitions.

I will get a fresh CVS and look at your example. Thanks

JD

-----Original Message-----
From: Bruno Dumon [mailto:bruno@outerthought.org]
Sent: Friday, November 14, 2003 10:15 AM
To: users@cocoon.apache.org
Subject: Re: Woody assertion help

On Fri, 2003-11-14 at 19:57, JD Daniels wrote:
> How can I assert in a woody template

I assume you mean woody definition?

>  whether one of two widgets has a value,
> and not both?

That would be easy enough if the expression language could check if a
value is null, but as far as I remember it can't yet. Wouldn't be
difficult to add but I don't have time right now. We need to revisit
that whole expression-language thing anyhow.

But as a workaround to get you moving forward, you can write some custom
validation code. Are you using flowscript? I've just added an example
today (in CVS) of how to specify a custom validation function. You can
check the value of a widget like this:

form.getWidget("mywidget").getValue() != null ...