cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Justin Fagnani-Bell <jus...@paraliansoftware.com>
Subject Re: How to access the ObjectModel-Map within a component?
Date Thu, 06 Nov 2003 20:21:10 GMT
I do this with some of my components, and as far as I know the only way
to do it is to pass the ObjectModel from an Action, Transformer, or
Generator. The way the component manager works though, your component
will only be valid within the scope of the component you request it
from (i could be wrong, but this has been my experience). So if you
load your component from an action, and pass it the request, and plan
on using that component in your generator as well, you'll have to set
it up all over again.

This is assuming you have some custom action or generator in your
pipeline. If you're using off the shelf actions and generators then I
don't see how you could access your component.

Justin