cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Carmona Perez, David" <DPerez...@fcc.es>
Subject RE: Continuation and Java
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 16:01:07 GMT
So, the only thing I would lose if I work with Java beans is the preservation of local variables
values, wouldn't it?

--------
David

-----Mensaje original-----
De: Reinhard Poetz [mailto:reinhard@apache.org]
Enviado el: miércoles, 05 de noviembre de 2003 16:35
Para: users@cocoon.apache.org
Asunto: RE: Continuation and Java

> Is it advisable to store data in this way in a flow script?

Yes, why not.

> I suppose it isn´t saved into the continuation object, is it?

A continuation object is "only" a pointer to a certain point within the
script execution. If it is reactivated the script execution *continues*
after the point you have exited it before. The execution stack is
*shared* by all continuations.

HTH

--
Reinhard

P.S. Please don't send HTML mails to our maillists. Thank you.

Continuations are implemented in Rhino JavaScript.  Rhino can access
data from Java objects.  I have the following questions:

Is it advisable to store data in this way in a flow script?
I suppose it isn´t saved into the continuation object, is it?

Thanks in advance for any hint.
--------
David