cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Brian McCallister <mccallis...@forthillcompany.com>
Subject Re: JXTemplate and Woody
Date Tue, 25 Nov 2003 13:38:16 GMT
Hmm, not bad. Just pass into each page everything that it needs. I
would prefer to encapsulate that somehow than pass around maps all the
time, but... maps an scripting languages do go hand in hand =)

I am still working my noggin around building applications with
FlowScript. It makes lots of sense conceptually but I don't have the
mental set quite yet.

Your technique requires a FlowScript control for every page -- I had
been using it only where it was more than a one-shot render. Need to
adjust my thinking some.

On Tuesday, November 25, 2003, at 08:09 AM, Reinhard Poetz wrote:
> Yes, you are right. On the other hand you can do something like
>

> var user;
>
> function login() {
>    user = new User();
> }
>
> function myFunc() {
>    cocoon.sendPage( "myPipeline", {user : user} );
> }
>
> *one* sitemap. This should also mean that you your persistence layer
> (in
> your case OJB, isn't it ;-) is not queried any more.

Actually in this case it is an ldap. I haven't used JNDI for very
complicated things in the past so once I get better at it and grok the
idioms I may do an ldap backend for OJB ;-)

Thank you!

-Brian