cocoon-users mailing list archives

From "Unico Hommes" <Un...@hippo.nl>
Subject RE: Why doesn't delete the SourceWritingTransformer non-empty directories??
Date Wed, 05 Nov 2003 19:34:25 GMT
This is an avalon issue, please file a bug report via their
avalon-excalibur bugzilla account.

Thanks, Unico

	-----Original Message-----
	From: David Geleyn [mailto:david_cocoon@yahoo.co.uk]
	Sent: woensdag 5 november 2003 10:18
	To: users@cocoon.apache.org
	Subject: Why doesn't delete the SourceWritingTransformer
non-empty directories??

	Hi all,

	I'm trying to delete a non-empty directory with the source
writing transformer. This results in "Could not delete blahblah (unknown
reason)".

	I took the liberty to search for the cause of this. The
FileSource class from the excalibur source classes is used (via
ModifiableSource in SourceWritingTransformer). The delete function of
this class is called. This function uses the File.delete function (which
doesn't delete non-empty directories). This is standard java behaviour,
I assume? Shouldn't FileSource check whether the source is a directory
and act properly? Examples of recursive deletes of directories can be
found on the internet:
http://javaalmanac.com/egs/java.io/DeleteDir.html?l=rel.

	I realize that I can work around with a DirectoryGenerator, but
when the directory to delete is determined by some request parameters,
it becomes too complicated (imo).

	I'm going to use XSP/action/... now to delete that directory
recursively...

	Thanks!

	David Geleyn

	PS: I apologize if you get this mail for the second time, but
there was a problem with the first one. Not everybody received it.

  _____

	Want to chat instantly with your online friends? Get the FREE
Yahoo! Messenger
<http://uk.rd.yahoo.com/mail/tagline_messenger/*http://uk.messenger.yaho
o.com/>