cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Bertrand Delacretaz <bdelacre...@apache.org>
Subject Re: SVG to SWF
Date Thu, 13 Nov 2003 06:41:46 GMT
Le Mercredi, 12 nov 2003, à 18:40 Europe/Zurich, Joerg Heinicke a écrit
:

> On 12.11.2003 17:06, Stephan Michels wrote:
>
>>> I would like to use cocoon to convert simple svg images into swf
>>> format. I
>>> looked into the source of /samples/hello-world/style/page2swf.xsl
>>> and it is
>>> rather complex and cryptic. I have conducted investigation on the
>>> web and I
>>> could not find any documentation with regards to using cocoon and the
>>> SWFSerializer.
>> There also exist an SVG to SWF serializer:
>> http://www.productionserver.org/serializer/demo/
>> I can't tell you if it works, but it might help.
>
> If it works, it's a really nice thing, but the demo on the website is
> not dynamic. IMO it's worth to be integrated into Cocoon's CVS.
> Furthermore I would even replace the current solution, because of a
> readable XML input (SVG) in contrary to the current page2swf.xsl....

About replacing: does this new thing handle parsing of SWF as well?

The current swf block allows "round-tripping" of SWF to XML to SWF,
which can be really useful (applying i18n transformer to Flash movies
for example).

-Bertrand