cocoon-users mailing list archives

From <Sylvain.The...@swisscom.com>
Subject Line break problem
Date Fri, 21 Nov 2003 15:33:27 GMT
Hello,

Is someone has a problem with line break?

I have a problem:
I'm using Cocoon in and from Windows based machines.
There is a difference in line break between Windows and Unix/Linux machines:
-Windows counts a carriage return AND a line feed for each line break
-Unix/Linux count only a line feed for each line break

In my application (JXForm) I have <textarea> and this causes the problem:
I store the value of this textarea in a String.
If I add a line break the program add a "\r\n" (a carriage return and a line feed).
But when I want to display the textarea, it seems that the program works as a Unix machine
(maybe a problem from Java) because a new line break is added each time I display it.

Is someone has a similar problem?

Thanks for any help
Sylvain