cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Thomas Nichols <nx10m...@yahoo.co.uk>
Subject Docs or examples for modular database actions?
Date Fri, 28 Nov 2003 15:33:40 GMT
Hello,

I'm building a simple CrUD (Create/Update/Delete) db app, similar to the
users/groups and users/depts examples, and I'd like to use
     - XSP/ESQL for queries (some of which could get quite complex)
     - modular DB actions for insert / update / delete.

This is from experimentation and from studying
     - Christian Haul's excellent GT 2003 paper:
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=GT2003Christian
     - the "modular database block" example and docs
     - the "How to develop Web Apps" tutorial:
http://cocoon.apache.org/2.1/tutorial/tutorial-develop-webapp.html
     - the "ModularDatabaseActions" wiki item:
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=ModularDatabaseActions
     - the Modules" Wiki - input/output/db:
http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=Modules
  as well as a pile of assorted introductory materials and the Moczar and
Aston book.

I'm still stumped :-(

Cocoon in general is IMHO just excellent; XSP/ESQL is very straightforward,
works splendidly.
Flow/Woody look very good indeed, but a lot more complex than I need right
now - I hope to use this for a larger upcoming project, when I have a
better grasp of the basics.
ModularDB actions, however, still have me baffled. Before cluttering up the
list with boring RTFM questions, I'd like to check which F***ing Manual I
should be reading :-)

Are there any other ModularDB examples out there? Any more docs I should
read? Searching the list archives I can find other similar questions with
few answers, does this mean ModularDB is best left until it is more stable
/ better documented?

Thanks for your time,
Thomas.