cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Lionel Crine <cr...@4dconcept.fr>
Subject Re: Handling SAX Exceptions in sitemap
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 11:18:25 GMT
hi,

If you're using the common xslt transformer, you should look at the source.
If the methods don't throw any exception, so you can't catch the exception
with the handle-errors.
If you're using Cocoon 2.1, you can customize the exception.Search the archive.

Lionel

At 11:06 24/11/2003 +0000, you wrote:
>Hi,
>
>Does anyone know if it is possible to handle SAX exceptions thrown by a
>transformer using a error handler defined in a sitemap.
>
>Here is a brief test to explain what I am trying to achieve.
>
><map:pipeline>
>  <map:match pattern="test">
>         <map:generate
> src="fragments/test.xml"/>                                <map:transform
> src="xsl/testtrans.xsl"/>                                <map:serialize
> type="xml"/>
>  </map:match>
>  <map:handle-errors>
>         <map:generate src="fragments/error.xml"/>
>         <map:serialize/>
>  </map:handle-errors>
></map:pipeline>
>

>If I rename the file "test.xml" to force a filenotfound exception in the
>generator then the pipeline level error handler is correctly invoked.
>
>However if the generator stage succeeds but then a SAX exception occurs
>in the transformer my error handler is not invoked and an
>"XML Parsing Error: no element found "
>is sent to my browser.
>

>It may be that I am approaching this in the wrong way but is there
>any way of defining an error handler that will be invoked despite
>where in the pipeline the error occurs. ie can transform errors be caught
>in the sitemap.
>
>Any help would be much appreciated.
>
>Thanks
>
>Si

Lionel CRINE
Ingénieur Systèmes documentaires
Société : 4DConcept
22 rue Etienne de Jouy 78353 JOUY EN JOSAS
Tel : 01.34.58.70.70 Fax : 01.39.58.70.70