cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Anders Forsgren <and...@digitalfarmers.com>
Subject Re: xindice & xml:db samples
Date Sun, 30 Nov 2003 13:16:30 GMT

>> Hi all,
>> How do I get the xmldb block samples working?
>
> They don't exist at the moment ...

Ah I get it, I'm at the edge of the devel process :) I thought I was
just too stupid to get it running....

 Am I correct when I think that cocoon together with xindice embedded
will be a brilliant sort of "self-contained" app? (i.e. the App will be
truly portable, the data can reside in WEB-INF)? If so, then this should
be the main benefit of the proposed cocoon-nuke: the fact that most
people who want a cms or community portal can't install and prepare a
dbms, a web server, and php/perl/whatever - site. Dumping a .war into
the webapps dir of a servlet container would certainly be a lot easier.

rgds
Anders