cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Joerg Heinicke <joerg.heini...@gmx.de>
Subject Re: How to show files from database / DatabaseReader problem
Date Sun, 30 Nov 2003 10:33:17 GMT
On 30.11.2003 02:20, O.Vobejda@sh.cvut.cz wrote:

> Hi,
>
> I have a big problem with Database reader. I'd like to make a common stuff - in
> the database I are stored binary files (table structure looks: (id, content,
> filename, mimetype) and I'd like to map url "file/234" on the accordant file.
> Remind, that in the database can be stored everything possible stuff (images,
> documents etc.).
>
> I tried to use databasereader. All works ok, until I'd like to change mime-type
> to appropriate mime-type stored in the database. For this purpose should be
> used parameter "content-type". But it doesn't work and doesn't return regular
> value from database. It just returns that string, I inserted with parameter. It
> is correct? If so, how can I solve my problem? I tried this solution:
>
> Usual select: "select content, mimetype from files where id=123 and status=1"
>
> Using databasereader:
>
> <map:match pattern="files/*">
>   <map:read type="databasereader" src="{1}" mime-type="plain/text">
>     <map:parameter name="table" value="files"/>
>     <map:parameter name="image" value="content"/>
>     <map:parameter name="key" value="id"/>
>     <map:parameter name="where" value="status=1"/>
>     <map:parameter name="content-type" value="mimetype"/>
>   </map:read>
> </map:match>
>
> But that doesn't work. So how to solve that? Or do you know some alternative
> ways?

If you have a look at the source code
http://cvs.apache.org/viewcvs.cgi/cocoon-2.1/src/blocks/databases/java/org/apache/cocoon/reading/DatabaseReader.java?annotate=1.4#400
you will see that the mime-type is not taken from database, but the
parameter value itself, i.e. 'mimetype'. If that's useful or not - I
don't know. Maybe you can patch the databasereader.

Joerg