cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Geoff Howard <coc...@leverageweb.com>
Subject Re: Flow Basic Java language help
Date Mon, 24 Nov 2003 16:11:39 GMT
JD Daniels wrote:

> I think I need some help with something more basic than I realize...
>
> The idea here is that my form has checkboxes named tickets[]
> When flow gets it, the toString() gives me 2,5,6 or what ever the values
> are.
> basically this function will build the IN sql clause (I know this is very
> hacky, but I am against a noon-type deadline)
>
> The problem is I can't seem to check if it is null (No boxes checked)
> without a nullpointer exception. Which seems really irritating.. I want to
> TEST if it is null.

I don't see an attempt at a null check below - perhaps you took it out?
  But without seeing it, are you certain you did "== null" or "!=null"
instead of (assignment) "= null"?  Also, I presume you tested tickets
right after var tickets = cocoon.request.get("tickets[]"); and not after
the attempt to call toArray() (which would be too late).

var tickets = cocoon.request.get("tickets[]");
if (tickets == null) {
	// Handle no tickets here
}

Throws an NPE?  If so, what is the stacktrace?

Geoff