cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Dave Allen Barker Jr <...@xyz.net>
Subject Proper map:read and cocoon: Protocol Behavior?
Date Sat, 22 Nov 2003 16:44:00 GMT
The following is from the testcase I've attached.

The |<map:read type="resource">| component is acting strange to me. Any
insights into its behavior would be much appreciated. If I should file a
bug <http://nagoya.apache.org/bugzilla/enter_bug.cgi?product=Cocoon%202>
or contribute to the wiki <http://wiki.cocoondev.org/>, please let me
know <mailto:one@xyz.net>. I'm using Cocoon version 2.1.3.

Testcase Examples with Expected and Actual Behavior Testcase 	Behavior
Number 	Description 	Expected 	Actual
1 <read-file/resource>

<map:match pattern="read-file/resource">
  <map:read src="../samples/imagereader/logo.jpg"/>
</map:match>

	The file is read and mime-type assigned by policies of servlet
engine. 	Seems to be as expected.
2 <read-file/resource-as-text>

<map:match pattern="read-file/resource-as-text">
  <map:read src="../samples/imagereader/logo.jpg"
      mime-type="text/plain"
      />
</map:match>

	The file is read and mime-type is overridden by explicit assignment.
*The mime-type assignment is ignored.*
3 <read-http/read-file/resource>

<map:match pattern="read-http/read-file/resource">
  <map:read src="http://localhost:8888/testcase/read-file/resource"/>
</map:match>

	The file is served with the mime-type from the read http header, which
was assigned by the file read, which was assigned by the policies of the
servlet engine. 	Seems to be as expected.
4 <read-http/read-file/resource-as-text>

<map:match pattern="read-http/read-file/resource-as-text">
  <map:read src="http://localhost:8888/testcase/read-file/resource"
      mime-type="text/plain"
      />
</map:match>

	The file is served with the mime-type overridden by explicit
assignment. 	Seems to be as expected.
5 <read-cocoon/read-file/resource>

<map:match pattern="read-cocoon/read-file/resource">
  <map:read src="cocoon:/read-file/resource"/>
</map:match>

	The file is served with the mime-type from the cocoon protocol read,
which was assigned by the file read, which was assigned by the policies
of the servlet engine. 	*Served with mime-type /|text/xml|/.*
6 <read-cocoon/read-file/resource-as-jpeg>

<map:match pattern="read-cocoon/read-file/resource-as-jpeg">
  <map:read src="cocoon:/read-file/resource"
      mime-type="image/jpeg"
      />
</map:match>

	The file is served with the mime-type overridden by explicit
assignment. 	*Served with mime-type /|text/xml|/.*

Thanks for taking a sec to enlighten me, I'm sure I'm just missing
something simple.