cocoon-users mailing list archives

From Simon Hutchinson <simon.hutchin...@misgl.com>
Subject Re: URL Encoding (Coccon 2.1 cvs as of about 2 weeks ago)
Date Wed, 19 Nov 2003 17:30:27 GMT
Tony Collen wrote:
> Simon Hutchinson wrote:
>

>>    This solution works until I try to generate a uri with an illegal
>> character ie a space.
>>    It appears that the request-param is (correctly) decoding the
>> parameter I am passing it but unfortunately this is not the behaviour
>> I require.
>>
>>    Is there any way that I can re-code the parameter before generating
>> it ?
>>    Or can anyone suggest an alternative means of achieving the same
>> end. ie generating html from a remote server.
>

> I think what you need is the RawRequestParameterModule.
>
> See http://wiki.cocoondev.org/Wiki.jsp?page=InputModules

Thanks for the suggestion. From the documentation this seems like the
correct input module for my issue.
It does allow me to reduce my probelm to a simpler case however.

With the following sitemap match

<map:match pattern="soldoc">
   <map:generate src="{raw-request-param:url}" type="html"/>
   <map:serialize/>
</map:match>

If I request

http://localhost:8080/cocoon/soldoc?url=http://example.com/foo.html

the html is returned

However even with the "raw-request-param" module specified if I request

http://localhost:8080/cocoon/soldoc?url=http://example.com/fo%20o.html

I get a file not found exception (the file "fo o.html" does exist and I
can get it with the plain url http://example.com/fo%20o.html)

Can anyone advise me as to why this might be ?

Thanks

Si